CPB Foundation welcomes talented new class of WE by Rising Tide women entrepreneurs
WE by Rising Tide program participants met for the opening session on Aug. 2, 2023. Photo courtesy: CPB Foundation
HONOLULU, HI (Aug. 4, 2023) – The Central Pacific Bank (CPB) Foundation announces its third cohort of women entrepreneurs who are participating in the WE by Rising Tide program sponsored by the CPB Foundation and aio Foundation, in partnership with the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business and Leadership. The free 11-session program is designed for women entrepreneurs to hone financial management skills, develop marketing strategies, and network with business professionals.
“The first two WE by Rising Tide cohorts were a tremendous success,” said Central Pacific Bank Foundation President Catherine Ngo. “We have every expectation that this new cohort of courageous and strong women business owners will benefit from the rigorous, yet fun, courses offered to them.”
“The 20 talented women will enjoy connecting with other like-minded professionals and learning from industry experts to help grow their businesses,” said Central Pacific Bank Group Senior Vice President Business Banking, Susan Utsugi, who is one of the founding members of the WE by Rising Tide program and Small Business Committee Chair at the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business and Leadership.
"We are honored to have received so many applications from a diverse range of successful women business owners and look forward to supporting them on their business growth journey," said Director Colleen McAluney, Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership. “I can’t wait to work with them throughout this exceptional program.”
The following 20 women are participants in the 2023 class:
- Michelle Ake, Malu Productions, Inc.
- Jennifer Oyer, Community Impact Advisors
- Ticiane Phillips, Cleaning Renovation Services Maui, LLC
- Valerie Okemura, H&H Overhead Doors of Oahu, Inc.
- Lauren Schultz, Malama Meals, LLC
- Mina Akamu, My Treehouse Club
- Maria Short, Short N Sweet Bakery Market Café, LLC
- Corinne De Soto, Koa Clinic, Inc.
- Kanani Oury, Stonefish
- Lani Ng, Morning Glass Coffee
- Arlene Seymour, Hawaiian Watersports, Inc.
- Chelsa Davis, Ao Organics Hawai‘i
- Spring Golden, Golden Dermatology
- Tiffany Tabbal, Manageability, LLC
- Jazmyn King-Mau, Kings Kustom Tinting, LLC
- Joelle Simonpietri, Simonpietri Enterprises, LLC
- Nikki Doo, Perfect Portraits
- Jasmine Waipa, Keanuenue Pediatrics, LLC
- Kathryn Mashima, Mashima Electric, LLC
- Richel Cole, For The Good, LLC
For more information on the transformational WE by Rising Tide program and to see the 2023 program schedule please click here.
WE by Rising Tide is a free 11-session program designed for women entrepreneurs to hone financial management skills, develop marketing strategies, and network with business professionals. Photo courtesy: CPB Foundation
# # #
About Central Pacific Bank Foundation
Central Pacific Bank Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Central Pacific Bank, was designed to create opportunities for all of Hawaii’s people and foster social progress. Since its inception in 2007, the foundation has committed to strengthening Hawaii communities through partnerships, collaborations, and signature programs that provide investment and leadership to support Hawaii residents and businesses where it’s needed most, and by helping Hawaii define a path to a brighter future.