(Last updated July 24, 2020)
This section applies to you if you are a California resident and we have collected personal information about you from any source, including through your use of our website, mobile application, by buying our products or services, or by communicating with us electronically, via paper correspondence, or in person.
For purposes of this section, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer/resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that has been de-identified.
The Information We Collect
In the past 12 months, we collected, and will continue to collect going forward, the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, which include your first and last name, email address, home or other mailing and billing addresses, internet protocol address, telephone number, social security number, bank account, credit and debit card numbers, driver’s license number, passport number, or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally
- Commercial information, which includes records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; account balances, transaction history, payment history, overdraft history, and other account activity; bank account information and other information relating to your financial institution; and/or other purchasing or consumer histories or tendencies
- Biometric information, which includes fingerprints; facial scans; voice recognition information; genetic information; and/or other similar biometric identifiers
- Information relating to Internet activity or other electronic network activity, which includes cookie identifiers, tracking pixels containing an ID number, online tracking technology, browser software, your computer’s operating system, your computer monitor’s resolution, your Internet connection speed, the website that referred you to our site, and/or the search terms you entered into a search engine to reach our site, clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, device platform, device version, and/or other device characteristics including your choice of settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Global Positioning System (“GPS”)
- Geolocation data, which includes Global Positioning System (“GPS”) data; locational information based upon your IP address; cell network data; and/or other similar locational data; and which may be collected from various devices including your mobile device(s) or vehicle(s); Bluetooth location
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes records of calls to or from our customer service centers; and/or video surveillance information
- Professional or employment related information, which includes application materials, personnel records, and payroll records
- Information not listed above and related to characteristics protected under California or federal law; which includes gender; race and ethnicity; nationality; marital status; military service/veteran status; sexual preference; age and/or date of birth
- Other personal information not listed above and described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e), which includes signature; physical characteristics or description; insurance policy number; and/or other financial, medical, and health insurance information
- Inferences about you drawn based on the above data collected, such as your preferences, characteristics or behaviors
What We Do with Your Information
In the past 12 months, we collected and used personal information for the following purposes:
- Originating and maintaining deposit accounts, loans, investment accounts, and other products and services
- Processing your transactions
- Collecting payments
- Providing you with information relating to our company, products, services, events, policies, and practices
- Improving and troubleshooting our website, mobile application, customer service, and other communication channels
- Protecting against illegal or fraudulent activity; detecting and preventing security incidents; and assisting in law enforcement activities
- Performing audits
- Responding to court orders, legal matters, requests of government authorities and our regulators
- Reporting to credit bureaus
- Offering our products and services to you, including through development of new products and services, providing customer service, and marketing
- Supporting the management and general business operations of our company
Sources We Collect Your Information From
We may collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Our customers and prospective customers, including via our websites, mobile applications, telephone, text message, postal mail, social media, Contact Us forms, forums, message boards, chatbot, or other means
- Our affiliates, which include companies with a Central Pacific name, such as Central Pacific Financial Corp. and financial companies, such as Gentry HomeLoans, LLC, Haseko HomeLoans, LLC, Island Pacific HomeLoans, LLC, and Oahu HomeLoans, LLC; and other financial and nonfinancial affiliated companies that we have or may establish in the future
- Our service providers, which includes credit bureaus, customer relationship management providers, analytics providers, website hosting providers, systems administrators, and communications delivery services
- Promotional and joint marketing partners, which include credit card issuers and financial services companies
- Things that you or other third parties may post publicly about you or otherwise provide to us
- Government entities and law enforcement
- Computers or devices when you visit our website or mobile application
Who We Share Information With
We have not sold your personal information in the past 12 months, nor do we plan to sell your personal information. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. We may provide your personal information to affiliates and third party service providers receiving information to perform services for us on our behalf, including companies that provide the following services:
- Human resources support, employee benefits, background reports, payroll administration
- Transaction, account, and payment processing services, card services, and collections
- Building and equipment services and maintenance
- Governance, financial and compliance analysis and support, audits, and records management
- Technology support, information security, and fraud detection and prevention
- Insurance and legal compliance
- Loan origination, servicing and sales, underwriting, credit review, and due diligence
- Marketing and communications support
In addition, we may share personal information with our regulators, law enforcement authorities, and other government entities when appropriate and/or required by law; and with third parties authorized by consumers or their agents.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have rights under California law with respect to your personal information. To the extent your personal information is not subject to a federal law, a federal exemption, or another legally mandated exception, you have the right to:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request disclosure of:
- the categories of your personal information that we have collected;
- the categories of your personal information that we have disclosed to third parties;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and
- the specific pieces of your personal information that we have collected.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that is collected or maintained by us.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights described above.
You may also authorize someone to exercise the above rights on your behalf. If we have collected information on your minor child, you may exercise the above rights on behalf of your minor child. In order to exercise the above rights, you must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably able to verify your identity and authority to make these requests. If an authorized agent is making the request, we also need to confirm the agent’s authority to act on your behalf and to verify the agent’s identity. We cannot respond to requests and provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request.
How to Exercise Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise these rights, please reach us in one of the following ways:
- Call us at: Toll free at 1-800-342-8422
- E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org