NRA Plan Information
Starting April 1, 2022, account plans for Non-Resident Aliens (NRA) in the United States will include significant changes.
NRAs will be required to maintain a minimum combined balance of $10,000 per month. Accountholders who fall below this total deposit balance will be charged a monthly account management fee of $20.
The following are benefits of being a CPB accountholder in the United States.
Central Pacific Bank Account Benefits
- Dollar-denominated assets contribute to portfolio diversity to reduce risk
- Accounts are insured by the FDIC, up to $250,000
- Different interest rates on accounts versus financial institutions in your home country
- Ability to open accounts without a United States address
- Ability to create joint accounts with parents, children, and grandchildren
Additional benefits include:
- Save for your children’s future expenses, such as studying abroad, steadily and safely using dollar-cost averaging (DCA)
- Make withdrawals and deposits at ATMs without worrying about exchange rates when traveling to the United States
- While in your home country, do your banking anytime with our online banking system
- Withdraw from ATMs in your home country
- Use your debit card in the United States and avoid paying overseas paperwork fees and currency conversion rates
- Make convenient payments for real estate transactions
CPB is available to assist customers with opening an account if the following three categories are met:
- You live in a country other than the United States
- You do not have a Social Security Number
- You deposit more than $10,000 per month
Contact Customer Service at 1-800-342-8422